NBA 2K21 to have three different covers, Anthony Davis announces on TikTok
Los Angeles Lakers star Anthony Davis said in a new TikTok video that NBA 2K21 will have three different covers
- The three covers will be revealed on June 30, July 1 and July 2 on NBA 2K’s TikTok channel.
- Davis — who starred on the cover of NBA 2K20 — passed the torch to the new athletes on Wednesday morning.
- Davis’ video says new 2K21 information will drop all week.
- The video has 1,477 likes and 301 comments.
- It’s unclear who the new athletes will be.
Potential cover athletes for NBA 2K21
The NBA 2K series — an annual game centered around the NBA — will often have two editions of the game, one deemed “Legendary” and the other “Standard.” Davis appeared on the standard cover. Dwyane Wade was featured on the legendary one.
- Zion Williamson — the first trailer for NBA 2K21 centered around Williamson, the young Pelicans star. The teaser showed a sweaty Zion practicing in the gym with a voiceover. He introduced the video at Sony’s PlayStation 5 event, which is a sign that he’ll be on the cover. He would be the youngest NBA star to appear on the cover.
- Kobe Bryant — The Los Angeles Lakers legend passed away in January 2020 in a horrific helicopter crash. Shaquille O’Neal predicted Bryant would be the cover athlete since it might be the game’s way to honor him.
- WNBA star? — The NBA 2K series added the WNBA teams with NBA 2K20. It’s possible the third cover will embrace the WNBA as well, including athletes like Diana Taurasi, Maya Moore or Sabrina Ionescu.