- AMC will delay its reopening until the end of July.
- The announcement comes after Disney delayed “Mulan” to Aug. 21 and Warner Bros. delayed “Tenet”to Aug. 12.
- AMC planned to reopen 450 theaters on July 15 and then reopen another 150 on July 24.
- The 450 theaters will now reopen on July 30.
- Adam Aron, CEO and president ofAMC Theatres said: “We continue to devote extraordinary resources into our plan to operate our theaters with a hyper commitment to the safety and health of our guests and associates, notably in the United States through our new AMC Safe & Clean initiative. Our theatre general managers across the U.S. started working full time again today and are back in their theaters gearing up to get their buildings fully ready just a few weeks from now for moviegoers. That happy day, when we can welcome guests back into most of our U.S. theaters, will be Thursday, July 30.”
Some bigger context:
- According to The Hollywood Reporter, Cinemark Theatres and Regal Cinemas will follow a similar path and close down their reopenings for a bit.