Carole Baskin was known on the show “Tiger King” for her love of big cats but also the disappearance of her former husband, Jack Donald “Don” Lewis. There are many theories on what happened but no one exactly knows.
Now, the Lewis family has hired an attorney who is reopening the investigation, according to Forbes.
What allegedly happened to Don Lewis:
- Lewis went missing one day before a scheduled vacation to Costa Rica on Aug. 18, 1997.
- In April 2002, Lewis was declared dead, Forbes reports.
- Baskin received most of her husband’s estate along with close to $6 million, according to Forbes.
- Per BBC, Baskin said: “It’s been my policy not to discuss pending litigation until it’s been resolved.”
What’s going on:
- According to BBC News, a lawsuit has been filed against Baskin to get her to testify about her late husband on the record.
- The Lewis family is also offering a reward of $100,000 for information regarding Lewis’ disappearance.
- Baskin commented on the issue in an email to local news station WFLA, writing, “I believe it is a publicity stunt orchestrated by (family spokesman) Jack Smith to bolster his YouTube views but do hope that all of the attention from Tiger King and the aftermath will result in us finding Don.”
- Four billboards have also been placed around Tampa by the Lewis’ asking “Who murdered Don Lewis?”