Pretzel lovers rejoice — Wendy’s is bringing back their pretzel bun for the first time in five years, and it’s available starting Sept. 1.
- “We’ve been watching and listening as customers have been craving for us to bring pretzel back,” Carl Laredo, Wendy’s chief marketing officer, said in a statement. “We married the fervor of our former pretzel bun with the increased love for gastropub-inspired flavors and created a cheeseburger that is, in a word, unforgettable.”
What’s going on?
- On Tuesday, Sept. 1, Wendy’s will release the all-new Pretzel Bacon Pub Cheeseburger, in hopes to recreate a burger found in a gastropub, according to Restaurant Business.
- The burger includes a quarter-pound beef patty topped with Muenster cheese, three strips of Applewood smoked bacon, crispy fried onions, pickles, honey mustard and warm beer cheese sauce, according to Chewboom.
- A chicken version of the burger will be available, called the Pretzel Bacon Pub Homestyle Chicken Sandwich
- Thrillist reported that Wendy’s will also be releasing the Bacon Pub Fries, which includes Applewood smoked bacon, cheddar cheese and warm beer cheese sauce.
How can you get it?
- The burger will be available at all Wendy’s locations.
- The beef burger will cost $5.69 and be located on the made to crave menu.
- The chicken version of the sandwich will be $6.19.
- If you order through Postmates Sept. 4-7 and spend a minimum of $15, you can get the Pretzel Bacon Pub Cheeseburger for free.