A new widget made for the new iOS 14 will help you keep track of your data limits.
What’s the app?
DataMan — an app that offers a forecast for your phone’s data — recently updated its app to include a new widget that you can add to your custom iPhone home screen.
- DataMan said: “It uses on-device intelligence to predict if you’ll stay within your data cap. Never worry about overage again.”
The widget offers a smart forecast for your device, too. It will highlight whether or not you are in danger of exceeding your data cap or if you’re well within your limits.
- The DataMan website reads: “The simplest and clearest app to track your data usage on iPhone and Apple Watch. In just a glance, you can know if you’re safe from busting your data cap. With real-time statistics and smart forecasts, you don’t have to worry about overage again.”
The problems with using too much data:
We all know this by now, but it’s worth remembering — using too much of your data can lead to increase phone bills since over-usage often comes with extra fees.
The New York Times offered some tweets back in April on how to keep your data usage low:
- Connect to Wi-Fi when you can.
- Review which of your apps use the most data and make changes as necessary.
- Tweak your app settings so that some won’t use as much data (we’re looking at you Facebook, YouTube and Google Photos) in the background.