What’s going away:
Taco Bellhas decided to eliminate the following items from its menu:
- Mexican pizza
- Pico de gallo
- Shredded chicken
So why is Taco Bell getting rid of the Mexican pizza? The environment.
- “We know some fans may be sad to see this one go, we are too. One silver lining of saying goodbye to the Mexican Pizza that might help you rest easy is that removing it from our menus helps us work towards our commitment to leave a lighter footprint on our planet. Currently, Mexican Pizza packaging accounts for over 7 million pounds of paperboard material per year in the U.S.” the company said in a statement.
But Taco Bell decided to add a few new menu items in replace of the Mexican pizza, including:
- Chicken chipotle melt
- Dragonfruit freeze
- Green sauce (only available in some regions)
- Quesalupa (currently being tested in Knoxville, Tennessee)
And yes, in case you’re wondering, a Quesalupa is chalupa shell stuffed with cheese.
Previous menu changes
- Grilled steak soft taco
- 7-layer burrito
- Quesarito (this can still be ordered through the web or app.
- Nachos supreme
- Beefy fritos burrito
- Spicy tostada
- Triple layer nachos
- Spicy potato soft taco
- Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes
- Loaded grillers (cheesy potato, beefy nacho)
- Chips & dips
- Mini skillet bowl