You can get food for 35 cents or less at McDonald’s. Here’s how
McDonald’s is going financially retro, serving up some of its food for the price customers paid in the fast-food chain’s earlier years
McDonald’s is going financially retro, serving up some of its food for the price customers paid in the fast-food chain’s earlier years.
What’s going on
- McDonald’s just kicked off a Throwback Thursday promotion that gives people popular items on the menu for 35 cents or less, according to Business Insider.
- Each Thursday through Feb. 18, the chain is offering a substantially discounted menu item — McDonald’s kicked things off on Jan. 21 with a 25 cent cheeseburger deal.
- “Offering our customers a safe, fast and easy way to enjoy their favorite menu items is more important than ever before,” a McDonald’s spokesperson told Business Insider. “Our McDonald’s app gives fans the scoop on new menu items and allows them to take advantage of tailored deals and offers with just a few clicks.”
- The monthlong promotion is available through the McDonald’s app with a minimum $1 purchase, according to McDonald’s website.
- The deal is available for one-time use each Thursday.
What items does the promotion include?
Here’s a list of the throwback items, according to Thrillist.
- Jan. 28 — Customers can get a small shake for 25 cents.
- Feb. 4 — Customers can get an apple pie for 20 cents.
- Feb. 11 — Customers can get an order of large fries for 35 cents.
- Feb. 18 — Customers can get a cheeseburger for 25 cents.
The throwback promotion comes about a month after McDonald’s offered certain menu items for free in the days leading up to Christmas, the Deseret News reported.