McDonald’s is going financially retro, serving up some of its food for the price customers paid in the fast-food chain’s earlier years.
What’s going on
- McDonald’s just kicked off a Throwback Thursday promotion that gives people popular items on the menu for 35 cents or less, according to Business Insider.
- Each Thursday through Feb. 18, the chain is offering a substantially discounted menu item — McDonald’s kicked things off on Jan. 21 with a 25 cent cheeseburger deal.
- “Offering our customers a safe, fast and easy way to enjoy their favorite menu items is more important than ever before,” a McDonald’s spokesperson told Business Insider. “Our McDonald’s app gives fans the scoop on new menu items and allows them to take advantage of tailored deals and offers with just a few clicks.”
- The monthlong promotion is available through the McDonald’s app with a minimum $1 purchase, according to McDonald’s website.
- The deal is available for one-time use each Thursday.
What items does the promotion include?
Here’s a list of the throwback items, according to Thrillist.
- Jan. 28 — Customers can get a small shake for 25 cents.
- Feb. 4 — Customers can get an apple pie for 20 cents.
- Feb. 11 — Customers can get an order of large fries for 35 cents.
- Feb. 18 — Customers can get a cheeseburger for 25 cents.
The throwback promotion comes about a month after McDonald’s offered certain menu items for free in the days leading up to Christmas, the Deseret News reported.