A new Squid Game cryptocurrency is spiking like crazy. But should you invest?
The new Netflix series ‘Squid Game’ led to a new cryptocurrency, adding to a host of meme-based crypto tokens
The new Netflix series “Squid Game” has inspired the creation of a new cryptocurrency, one that might make it hard for investors.
- “Squid Game” is a Netflix show that is rated TV-MA. It contains graphic violence, sexual content and mature themes.
What is the Squid cryptocurrency?
- You need to own parts of the new Squid Game cryptocurrency in order to play the online Squid Game, though.
- The game isn’t available until November.
How much is Squid worth?
- One Squid Game cryptocurrency coin was worth $0.01 Tuesday.
- By Friday, a single coin’s value was worth $4.39.
- As of this writing, the coin was worth $6.80 per coin.
Can you sell Squid?
However, “Squid has been criticized for not allowing investors to resell their tokens,” per BBC News.
Indeed, CoinMarketCap released a warning about the cryptocurrency, saying there have been reports that the coin can’t be resold.
- “We have received multiple reports that users are not able to sell this token in Pancakeswap. Please do your own due diligence and exercise caution while trading! This project, while clearly inspired by the Netflix show of the same name, is unlikely to be affiliated with the official IP,” according to CoinMarketCap.