In an interview with “The Howard Stern Show” on Sirius XM, Billie Eilish revealed that she started watching pornography at the age of 11.
- Now the 19-year-old pop star says she is “devastated” to think about her exposure to the content, according to the BBC.
- She told Stern that she now thinks porn “is a disgrace” after watching it while growing up.
She also criticized the way porn depicts women’s bodies and experiences.
- “I didn’t understand why that was a bad thing,” she said, adding that her mother was horrified when Eilish told her about it, per the report.
- “I was an advocate and I thought I was one of the guys and would talk about it and think I was really cool for not having a problem with it and not seeing why it was bad.”
But that’s not all, Eilish said she suffered nightmares because of the “violent” and “abusive” content, per The Guardian.
- “I think it really destroyed my brain and I feel incredibly devastated that I was exposed to so much porn.”
The topic came up when Stern asked her about the ballad “Male Fantasy” on her second album “Happier Than Ever,” where she sings about being home alone and distracting herself with pornography after going through a broken relationship, per the report.
The singer started her career by wearing baggy clothes to prevent people from commenting on her body. Last year, she made history by being the youngest person to win four Grammys.