There were a few news updates in the Marvel Cinematic Universe realm on Thursday. Here’s a breakdown of some new information we learned.
New details on ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ trailer
- “‘Shang-Chi’ is coming out, the ‘Eternals’ trailer just came out, but yes on Dec. 17, we have the third in our ‘Homecoming’ trilogy with Sony and Jon Watts and with Tom Holland,” Feige said. “I can only guarantee there will be a trailer before the movie comes out.”
Ironheart to debut in ‘Black Panther: Wakanda Forever’
Ironheart — the young superhero who has connections to Iron Man — will make her debut in the “Black Panther” sequel, titled “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.” ComicBook.com was the first to report the story.
- Dominique Thorne will play the role of Ironheart in the film. The superhero’s real name is Riri Williams, and she has been cast already in the “Ironheart” series for Disney+.
Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige told ComicBook.com that Thorne will make her debut in “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, though.
- “We’re shooting ‘Black Panther: Wakanda Forever,’ right now, and the character of Riri Williams, you will meet in ‘Black Panther 2’ first,” Feige told ComicBook.com. “She started shooting, I think, this week before her Ironheart series.”
In the comics, Tony Stark reaches out to Riri Williams to give her an armored suit. It’s unclear how that will unfold in a live-action version of the series.
- There were some rumors back in 2019 that Downey would reportedly do voiceover work for “Ironheart” that would help Williams train as Ironheart, as I wrote for the Deseret News.
New ‘Eternals’ poster debuts with trailer
- The poster shows the Eternals — “a group of immortal heroes forced out of the shadows to reunite against mankind’s oldest enemy, The Deviants,” according to a Marvel press release — walking together on what appears to be a beach.
The poster debuted on the same time as the final trailer for the film. The trailer shows off how Thanos’ Snap — and the return of people from their disappearance — created an energy to allow a bigger villain to come to Earth.
- “When you love something, you protect it,” the trailer caption reads.