Utah Jazz head coach Quin Snyder is known around the NBA for having a brilliant basketball mind and caring deeply about his players.
It turns out Snyder has some skills in the kitchen, too.
The Jazz on Saturday launched a new video series they’ve titled “Quarantine Cookbook,” which will feature members of the team making all kinds of recipes with the help of team chef Anthony Zamora while they’re staying home during the coronavirus pandemic.
First up in the series was Snyder making an ice cream pie recipe he said his mom made for him and his brothers on their birthdays growing up.
The recipe calls for just four ingredients: a carton of vanilla ice cream, 20-30 Oreo cookies, a stick of butter and a bottle of Smucker’s Magic Shell Chocolate Topping. The instructions, as outlined on the team’s website, are as follows:
- Allow ice cream to soften, then scoop all of the ice cream out of the carton and into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir softened ice cream with spatula. Set aside.
- Put 20-30 Oreo cookies into a blender. Blend for a few seconds allowing cookies to crumble, but leaving a few big chunks.
- Place the Oreo cookie crumbs into another mixing bowl and add the softened stick of butter.
- Mix together using a spoon, spatula, or hands if necessary.
- Grease a pie plate. Transfer Oreo cookie-butter mixture into the pie plate. Form pie crust.
- Add softened ice cream on top of the Oreo cookie pie crust.
- Place pie in the freezer for 4-6 hours.
- After the pie has hardened in the freezer, take it out and add Smucker’s Magic Shell chocolate on top of the ice cream filling.
- Wait for Magic Shell to form. Slice up and enjoy!
According to a teaser video for the Quarantine Cookbook series, future episodes are expected to include Donovan Mitchell, Joe Ingles, Royce O’Neale, Georges Niang, Tony Bradley and Nigel Williams-Goss.