One of the two Delta passengers who jumped out of a moving plane with their dog recently explained why he decided to skip out on the moving plane — he felt like was about to lose control, according to CNN.
Over the weekend, two passengers on a Delta flight opened the cabin door, released the exit slide and slid out the plane while it was taxiing down the runway at New York’s LaGuardia Airport.
- They brought their dog with them, too, according to my report for the Deseret News.
- The passengers were later taken into custody.
Why did he do it?
Antonio Murdock, 31, and Brianna Greco, 23, of Florida, each face charges of third-degree criminal trespass for the action, according to CNN.
- Authorities said during Murdock’s arraignment at New York City Criminal Court in Queens Tuesday that a flight attendant reportedly observed the two passengers before they jumped, CNN reports.
- The flight attendant reportedly said in a statement that the male passenger — who authorities identified as Murdock — reportedly said: “I need to get off the plane, I don’t want to sit here, I’m gonna pop the door.”
- “I got anxiety and depression,” he said.
- “It was a panic attack,” Murdock said. “I asked them three or four times to let me off. They said they were stopping the plane and they never stopped the plane, and I got to the point where I was just feeling dizzy.”
- “I didn’t even know there was a slot to go down the slide,” he said. “I just thought it was a regular door. I don’t know what I was thinking at the time. I wasn’t doing a criminal act.”