President Donald Trump released a set of guidelines for all Americans to follow for the next 15 days as a way to stop the spread of the coronavirus.
- Trump announced the guidelines at an afternoon press conference surrounded by public health officials and Vice President Mike Pence.
- The White House will reassess the guidelines after 15 days, Trump said Monday.
- “If everyone makes this change or these critical changes and sacrifices now, we will rally together as one nation and we will defeat the virus and we’re going to have a big celebration all together,” Trump said.
(Join our Coronavirus Parenting Hacks Facebook group to see ideas for parents and to share your own.)
The guidelines include:
- If you feel sick, stay home. Don’t go to work. Contact your doctor.
- If your children are sick, keep them home.
- If someone in your house has tested positive for the coronavirus, keep the entire household at home. Don’t go to work.
- If you are older, stay home and away from people.
- If you have underlying health conditions, stay home and away from others.
- If you work in infrastructure, follow CDC guidelines to protect health.
- Work or engage in schooling from home when you can.
- Avoid social gatherings.
- Avoid eating or drinking at bars, restaurants or food courts. Use drive-through, pickup or delivery options for food.
- Avoid shopping trips, social visits and discretionary travel.
- Do not visit nursing homes or retirement homes.
- Practice good hygiene.