- The passenger reportedly punched the employee while boarding the flight.
- Arielle Jean Jackson, 32, was arrested at Love Field and charged with aggravated assault.
Per The Associated Press, the altercation began when Jackson had a verbal confrontation with an agent at the back of the plane. Jackson was reportedly asked to exit.
- Jackson had another confrontation with a second agent, which then became a physical altercation.
- Jackson hit the agent on the head.
Southwest Airlines confirmed the incident to NBC News.
- “We have a Station Manager with her at the hospital with the full support of her Southwest Family sending our thoughts, prayers, and love,” an airline spokesman told NBC News. “Southwest Airlines maintains a zero-tolerance policy regarding any type of harassment or assault and fully support our Employee as we cooperate with local authorities regarding this unacceptable incident.”
This incident is only the latest in a long list of issues on flights as of late. Earlier this year, the Federal Aviation Administration said it has fined people more than $1 million due to unruly behavior, as I wrote for the Deseret News. The fines were issued to passengers who had were unruly on flights.