- “Chris and Roberta Laundrie have been informed that the cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head and the manner of death was suicide,” he said, per CNN.
Laundrie’s remains were discovered at the end of October at T. Mabry Carlton Jr. Memorial Reserve and Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park. His remains were sent to an anthropologist “for further evaluation,” according to NBC News.
- Laundrie’s family planned to cremate Brian Laundrie’s remains and said they would not have a funeral service, CNN reported.
What happened in the Gabby Petito case?
Laundrie was a person of interest in the murder of his girlfriend, Gabby Petito. The two had gone on a road trip this past summer. Petito was reported missing on Sept. 11, which was 10 days after Laundrie returned home alone to North Port, Florida.
- Her body was found along the border of Grand Teton National Park on Sept. 19, the Deseret News reported.
- She was confirmed to have died by strangulation.
What happened to Brian Laundrie?
- “Brian to my knowledge was never quote ‘suicidal,’ and ultimately he was in a bad state of mind when he left. Chris (Laundrie) had conveyed that to me. Chris has said, ‘I wish I didn’t let him walk out of the door.’ But you know, he was a young adult, 22 years old, he’s certainly allowed to walk out the door,” Bertolino told East Idaho News at the time.