- “The heat in many areas is dangerous, prompting excessive-heat warnings in seven states where temperatures will be hazardous to human health,” according to The Washington Post.
Quick facts about the 2021 heatwave
Per NBC News, the West has seen record extreme heat for 40 million Americans. Hot air has risen temperatures into the 90s and triple digits.
- Records have been broken in Wyoming, Utah, Arizona and Southern California due to the excessive heat.
- And Death Valley, California — which previously set the hottest record on Earth with 134 degrees in 1913 — saw a daily temperature of 125 degrees on Wednesday, according to NBC News.
What to expect this weekend
- However, don’t be surprised if there’s a little “modest relief” from the heat this weekend, according to The Washington Post. That said, “odds continue to favor prolonged hot and dry weather.”
What to expect this weekend in Utah
Per KSL, hot weather will hit Utah again — this time with “smoky conditions and deteriorating air quality.”
- There could be some chances for storms during the night as well this weekend.