Utah’s top cities did not rank among the best cities for walking your dog, even though neighboring Western cities topped parts of the list.
The list comes during Walk Your Dog Month.
The news: LawnStarter — a startup dedicated to lawn care — recently ranked more than 170 different cities across the countries on how good they are for walking dogs. The cities were ranking on safety, walkability and dog-friendly walking trails.
The top 10 cities looked like this:
- Portland, Oregon.
- San Francisco, California.
- Oakland, California.
- Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Boise, Idaho.
- Los Angeles, California.
- New York, New York.
- Washington, D.C.
- Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Jersey City, New Jersey.
Between the lines: Multiple Western cities made the top 10 list, including Las Vegas, Boise, Los Angeles, and Colorado Springs, a sign that’s easy to walk your dog in the West.
Utah rankings: Salt Lake City ranked at No. 21 on the list, just behind Nashville, Tennessee, and Providence, Rhode Island.
- No other Utah city made the list.
Stay safe: With the winter season afoot, experts from Tails.com have been sharing tips on how to keep you and your dog safe during the winter walks.
- Make sure you and your dog stay visible when walking near traffic.
- Keep your dog warm. You may want to invest in a coat or fleece to keep their feet, limbs and ears from freezing up.
- Stay alert on your walks. Keep a charged cellphone with you in case there’s ever any danger.