Facebook Twitter

Portraits of the past: Smith farm

SHARE Portraits of the past: Smith farm

The Joseph Smith Sr. family moved to Stafford Road on a site located a mile and a half south of Main Street in Palmyra Village.

Local records found by Larry C. Porter show that the Smiths were there by 1818 or 1819. However, it is not known exactly when they moved to that site from west Main Street. In any event, they were there before the First Vision of the Prophet Joseph.