- Seven competitors with the most votes moved on to the top 10, while judges Katy Perry, Lionel Richie and Luke Bryan selected an additional three for the top 10, according to ABC News.
- Madison VanDenburg, Walker Burroughs, Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon, Wade Cota, Laci Kaye Booth, Laine Hardy and Alejandro Aranda were selected for the next round by the audience, ABC News reported.
- Meanwhile, Uché, Dimitrius Graham and Alyssa Raghu were all selected for the next round by the judges after they performed their own songs, according to ABC News.
- Hess performed “Sir Duke” by Stevie Wonder on Monday night after she wasn’t selected as one of the audience’s picks on Monday night.
Reactions: “We have told you time and time again, ‘Stay behind the piano,’ and then you walk up here fighting for your life and you give your most comfortable, natural performance without your piano,” Bryan said.
- “I know everybody says, ‘You’re magic behind the piano,’ but one of my inspirations is Stevie Wonder, so I’m like, ‘If I’m going to go out, I’m going to go out with a bang,’” Hess said.
- Perry celebrated Hess as well: "You know what, Ashley, it’s like you’ve got nothing left to lose,” Perry said. “You’re like, ‘This is me and you’re going to accept me or not and I’m just going to do me.’”
Flashback: Hess, who made the top 14 last week, performed a cover of “Fix You” by Coldplay on Sunday night in front of a live audience, which I wrote about for the Deseret News.