The Dallas Mavericks will be giving away $100 in free bitcoin to people who download a new cryptocurrency app.
What is the Dallas Mavericks bitcoin deal?
The team announced Thursday that people will receive free bitcoin worth $100 if they download the Voyager Digital app, which is “one of the fastest-growing, publicly-traded cryptocurrency platforms in the United States.”
- The deal lasts until Oct. 30 at 10:59 p.m. MT.
How to claim bitcoin through Dallas Mavericks
According to the Dallas Mavericks, you need to download the Voyager Digital app and create an account.
- When you do so, use the code MAVS100.
- You’ll need to deposit $100 and trade $10 to unlock the $100 reward.
Dallas Mavericks governor Mark Cuban said the decision to offer free bitcoin will allow people to start testing out the cryptocurrency markets.
- “We’re going to come up with new ways to introduce Mavs fans to cryptocurrency and help them understand it,” he said. “You know, there’s a lot of hype, there’s a lot of discussion, but most people don’t understand the fundamentals behind it. We’re going to try to bring that level of education to our fans and to our joint customers.”
Does Mark Cuban support crypto?
Cuban has been a big supporter for the cryptocurrency world. In May, Cuban spoke a lot about the Dogecoin cryptocurrency, saying he even has his 11-year-old son Jake investing in the meme-based cryptocurrency, as I wrote for the Deseret News.
- “It’s not necessarily the best investment you can make, but you can buy it on Robinhood, and signing up and trading on Robinhood is free. So that’s one thing,” Cuban said.
He said Dogecoin has a low value, so investing isn’t a horrible idea.
- “So if you go and spend $5, $10, $15, that’s a better investment than buying a lottery ticket,” Cuban said. “And you know what? It could go up,” he added. “It’s also becoming a digital currency, which is crazy if you think back to its origins.”