“When Calls the Heart” fans won’t have to wait long for the show to return to the Hallmark Channel.
- The show will return on Sunday, Feb. 23 at 6 p.m. MST.
- Elizabeth (Erin Krakow) was unsure about whether she should dance with Lucas or Nathan. She chose to dance with Lucas but she seemed unsure with the choice.
- Elsewhere, Jesse (Aren Buchholz) and Clara (Eva Bourne) got engaged.
- Rosemary (Pascale Hutton) took a step toward parenthood.
- Carson (Paul Greene) and Faith (Andrea Brooks) revealed a budding romance.
Yes, but: The show won’t be taking an extended hiatus this year as it did in 2019 in the wake of Lori Loughlin’s college admissions scandal controversy.
Scandal and fallout: Lori Loughlin and her husband, Mossimo Giannulli, were accused of paying $500,00 in bribes so that their daughters, Olivia Jade and Isabella Rose Giannulli, could be crew team recruits for the University of Southern California. The couple pleaded not guilty to those charges.
- The Hallmark Channel cut ties with Loughlin in the wake of the scandal.
- Rumors suggested “When Calls the Heart” would recast Loughlin’s character, Mayor Abigail Stanton, for the new season.
- Instead, her character went home to take care of some personal family drama, ending her stint on the show.
- It’s unclear if her character will ever return.