‘Star Wars’ rumor: ‘The Acolyte’ show may explain rise of Darth Plagueis
A new rumor suggests the new ‘Star Wars’ spinoff ‘The Acolyte’ will tell the story of the dark side. Will Darth Plagueis appear?
Disney announced a new “Star Wars” series called “The Acolyte” earlier in December. And new theories suggest the show will tell us something Darth Plagueis and the Sith Order.
What’s going on?
Disney announced at its Investor Day presentation that Leslye Headland will lead a new “Star Wars” series called “The Acolyte,” which will be “a mystery-thriller that will take the audience into a galaxy of shadowy secrets and emerging dark side powers in the final days of the High Republic era.”
People are now speculating that the show will tell the story of Darth Plageuis and the rise of Darth Sidious, connecting directly into the prequel trilogy.
I'm most excited for this. Sounds like it will be told from the prospective of the Sith. Could we see Darth Plagueis and Darth Tenebrous? How do they stay hidden from the Jedi. If a Jedi does findout about them do they simply kill them or do a force mind wipe or something? https://t.co/jQTWxNf6dp— Rodian Ryan (@RodianRyan) December 11, 2020
Early thought:— Patrick The Hutt (@patrickthehutt) December 11, 2020
They said #TheAcolyte takes place near the end of the #HighRepublic Era. Is it a show from the Sith’s perspective as they try to rise again? Maybe The Acolyte is the master of Darth Plagueis? pic.twitter.com/Mm1vOtOTVl
Does the timeline work?
- The High Republic era starts about 200 years before the prequel trilogy.
- The end of the High Republic would suggest the show takes place close to 50 years before the prequel trilogy.
- Darth Plageuis was likely born between 147 and 120 BBY, which would make him 20 years old during the High Republic era, Den of Geek reports.
- Darth Plageuis would likely be in his prime during the time of “The Acolyte.” And that means we might see his rise and eventual fall.
One more note ...
As I wrote for the Deseret News, the showrunner Headland said “The Acolyte” will be set in a “timeline that we don’t know much about.”
- “It’s in a pocket of the universe and a pocket of the timeline that we don’t know much about,” Headland said, according to IndieWire.
- “For me, it’s less about going through the Star Wars universe cinematically or artistically, I’m actually kind of combing through it geographically and go on a literal journey,” Headland said, according to IndieWire.. “When we were pitching, I had my designer create that Indiana Jones-like ‘we go here and then we go here,’ with the little dotted red line like this is our journey, this is where we’re going.”