“Star Wars: The Clone Wars” is bringing us closer to “Revenge of the Sith” and one of the major “Star Wars” fights we’ve never seen.
What’s going on:
- Disney Plus released photos and clips from the upcoming ninth episode of “The Clone Wars” that will focus on the Siege of Mandalore, one of the biggest “Star Wars” battles from the universe that we’ve never seen on screen.
- In the upcoming episode, Ahsoka Tano will ask Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi to team up to help with Mandalore. But those Jedis will possibly be heading to Coruscant as Palpatine is captured — the battle which kicks off “Revenge of the Sith.”
What the photos show:
- Photos from the episode show the Republic Army entering a battle, likely the Siege of Mandalore, one of the biggest battles in the “Star Wars” lore that we haven’t seen yet.
- Another photo shows Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi together, sporting haircuts and outfits akin to what they wear in “Revenge of the Sith.”
- And a slew of photos show Ahsoka Tano and Clone Troopers together as the battle begins.
What the new clip shows
- A new clip for the episode shows Ahsoka Tano and Anakin Skywalker talking before the Republic Army heads out to battle.
When it airs
- “Star Wars: The Clone Wars” will be available for streaming on Friday, April 17, at 1 a.m. MDT.