What’s going on
- Disney Plus announced Friday morning that its new show, “Prop Culture,” will be available on the streaming service beginning May 1.
- The show will release all its episodes at once, which is a change of pace compared to previous Disney Plus shows since they often drop one episode every week.
- “Prop Culture” will have eight episodes total.
Here’s the synopsis of the show, according to a media release emailed to the Deseret News:
Film historian and prop collector Dan Lanigan reunites iconic Disney movie props with the filmmakers, actors and crew who created and used them in some of Disney’s most beloved films. Throughout this journey, Dan will recover lost artifacts, visit private collections, and help restore pieces from the Walt Disney Archives to their original glory. Among the films featured this season are ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl,’ ‘Mary Poppins,’ ‘The Muppet Movie,’ ‘Tron’ and ‘Who Framed Roger Rabbit?’
Episodes will center around the following shows:
- “Mary Poppins”
- “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas”
- “Pirates of the Caribbean”
- “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids”
- “The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe”
- “Who Framed Roger Rabbit?”
- “The Muppet Movie”