You can watch this Andrew Lloyd Webber birthday celebration with Donny Osmond, Sarah Brightman and more. Here’s how
The special event from 1999 highlights the most popular songs from ‘Evita,’ ‘Cats,’ ‘The Phantom of the Opera,’ ‘Jesus Christ Superstar,’ ‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat,’ ‘Sunset Boulevard’ and more
This Friday, the channel will stream “Andrew Lloyd Webber – The Royal Albert Hall Celebration” — a concert from 1999 that celebrated the composer’s 50th birthday, according to Playbill.
The concert will be available for 48 hours starting May 1 at noon MT.
The special event highlights the most popular songs from “Evita,” “Cats,” “The Phantom of the Opera,” “Jesus Christ Superstar,” “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat,” “Sunset Boulevard” and more, according to Playbill.
The musical tribute features dozens of guests, including:
- Sarah Brightman, who originated the Christine role in “Phantom.”
- Donny Osmond, who is well known for his role as Joseph in the “Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.”
- Elaine Paige, who played Eva Peron in the first production of “Evita” on London’s West End in 1978, and originated the role of Grizabella in “Cats.”
- Actress Glenn Close, who starred as Norma Desmond in the original 1994 Broadway production of Webber’s “Sunset Boulevard.”
- Antonio Banderas, who played the narrator Che in the Madonna adaptation of “Evita.”
- Michael Ball, who played Raoul in “Phantom” on London’s West End.
Previously, “The Shows Must Go On” has aired “The Phantom of the Opera” — starring Ramin Karimloo and Sierra Boggess — “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat,” starring Osmond, and the 2012 U.K. arena tour production of “Jesus Christ Superstar.”
Proceeds from the streams have gone to The Actors Fund, Acting for Others, Broadway Cares and Actors Benevolent Fund, among others, according to Playbill.