What’s the news:
- ABC announced it will hold a second “Disney Family Singalong” event.
- Ryan Seacrest will return as host for the performance.
- Details about celebrity guests and performers will be announced soon, according to Disney.
When does it air?
- “Disney Family Singalong: Volume II” will air on Mother’s Day, which is Sunday, May 10, at 5 p.m. MT on ABC.
Will it be on Disney Plus?
- “Disney Family Singalong: Volume II” will be available on Disney Plus “in the days that follow (date to be confirmed soon),” according to ABC.
What happened last time?
- The company said 13 million people watched the first singalong event, which aired on April 16.
- Performers sang classic Disney tunes with lyrics appearing on screen for families at home to watch.
- Donny Osmond, Kristin Chenoweth and others performed at the concert. You can read Lottie Johnson’s highlights from the night.
- The event will raise awareness about Feeding America and the resources available to help those in need from the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Claire Babineaux-Fontenot, CEO of Feeding America, said: “’The Disney Family Singalong’ was a beautiful event that united millions of households across the country, filling our hearts with joy and song, and also providing much-needed nourishment to fill the bellies of our neighbors facing hunger. An incredible collaborator for nearly a decade, The Walt Disney Company has provided grant funding for network food banks, developed public service announcements, and mobilized the public to help provide the equivalent of almost 100 million meals to children and families. We cannot thank Disney enough for their enduring support.”