The story of “Tiger King” Joe Exotic won’t end with his Netflix series.
- Investigation Discovery, an arm of Discovery Inc., announced it will add a new series centered around Joe Exotic, the hit star of the new Netflix documentary, called “Investigating the Strange World of Joe Exotic.”
- The series will explore the life of Exotic — whose real name is Joseph Allen Maldonado-Passage — and his nemesis Carole Baskin, founder of Big Cat Rescue.
- Exotic has accused Baskin of killing her first husband, Don Lewis. And it seems the show will look into that claim a little bit more.
- According to Investigation Discovery, the series will highlight “the investigation you didn’t get to see, revealing the secrets only Joe knows, the exclusive footage that has never been shown and the search to answer the one question every person in America is asking themselves right now: although she’s denied it, is Carole Baskin responsible for the disappearance of her husband, Don Lewis?”
- Henry Schleiff, Group President of Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, American Heroes Channel and Destination America, said in a press release the series will give fans what they want.
- “Viewers are understandably riveted by Netflix’s ‘Tiger King,’ but the millions of true crime fans around the world were left wanting more. ID is the perfect place to find the inevitable sequel to this drama — featuring a missing husband, a hit man, and the illegal business of exotic animals,” Schleiff said of the in-depth investigation that will feature the man himself, Maldonado-Passage. “It’s time to let the cat out of the bag and address the lingering questions that viewers demand be answered.”