- Utah’s favorite candy was identified as “Dove chocolate.”
- Interestingly, Dove chocolates were preferred over Lindt Lindor chocolates throughout the entire country.
Some other findings
- The report found 45 out of 50 states preferred chocolate candies as their favorite.
- Chocolate-covered strawberries were the most popular candy across the country.
- Chocolate roses and M&Ms were the second most popular.
- California enjoyed candy necklaces more than any other candy.
The report used Google Trends data to determine which candy people search for more than others. The researchers defined Valentine’s Day candies as those that had a peak search volume on the holiday.
Other favorite candies
- Utah’s favorite Valentine’s Day candy is a little different than what it prefers for Halloween or Christmas. For example, Utah’s favorite candy ahead of Halloween 2020 was identified as Three Musketeers bars, as I wrote for the Deseret News. Meanwhile, Utah’s favorite Christmas treat was identified as Jolly Rancher candy and, as was the case in 2018, Reindeer corn.