The VidAngel founders have launched the new Angel Studios, a company that will empower creators to partner with ‘angel’ investors to select, fund and distribute shows,” the company announced Tuesday.
Angel Studioswill roll out “a $5 million regulation crowdfunding offering to fund new technology that will put the power of television into the hands of the people who are actually watching it,” the company said in a release.
- Neal Harmon, CEO of Angel Studios, said in a release: “We are building a film studio platform that helps creators and viewers create high-quality TV and film without having to answer to the Hollywood gatekeepers.”
Here’s how it works: Angel Studios is a crowdfunded movie studio that allows investors to choose which titles are chosen, funded and distributed from the company.
Angel Funding — which is an affiliate of Angel Studios — currently has more than 30,000 investors on the platform, the company said.
More notes to remember
Angel Studios’ projects include:
- “The Chosen” — a religious television series.
- “Dry Bar Comedy” — a standup comedy brand.
- “The Tuttle Twins” — animated kids show.
- “Freelancers” — a show with the original Studio C cast.