The FBI’s investigation into Lori Vallow Daybell goes back several months with the FBI reviewing “hours of content from a podcast that gave the FBI a look into Lori’s beliefs, and one thing investigators quote the mother saying definitely stood out to them,” FOX 10 Phoenix reports.
What’s going on:
- Fox 10 Phoenix obtained new emails from FBI investigators after making a request for the city of Chandler, Arizona.
- The FBI has been reviewing podcasts recorded by Vallow Daybell to understand her belief system, according to Fox 10 Phoenix.
- Vallow Daybell reportedly recorded her first podcasts 11 months before she married Chad Daybell.
- One email reportedly reads: “The twists keep coming. I’m in the middle of a podcast from December 2018, where Lori mentions how suffering leads to salvation, and that even though she doesn’t want her kids to suffer, she understands they have (to) in order to see the light.”
Some more details
- Daybell and Vallow appeared on podcasts for “Preparing a People,” the media organization for their apparent religious group, AZFamily.com reports.
- Nancy James, the owner of the organization’s parent company, Color My Media, said “Preparing a People” shows no cult activity.
- James said: “Life is sacred to us. We are innocent of any involvement in Chad or Lori’s personal lives (and never knew Lori or any family members). Our relationship was mostly business, both owning our own separate businesses. We have wondered if Chad/Lori used us for their media purposes, without us knowing what was going on behind the scenes. It does feel like a big betrayal, and probably to anyone who attended our event.”