- An email sent from Nathan Moffat on March 24 suggests that Lori Vallow Daybell might be brought to justice over what happened to her ex-husband, according to an email obtained by Fox 10 Phoenix.
- The email reads, in part: “We continue to work on Charles’ case and are confident we are getting closer to getting Lori indicted for her involvement in Charles’ death.”
- According to Fox 10 Phoenix, police have never ruled out Lori Vallow as a suspect in the death of her ex-husband.
Why it matters:
- The death of Charles Vallow has been surrounded with complication and confusion, which I wrote about in our explainer on the Lori Vallow Daybell case.
- Charles Vallow died in a shooting back in 2019. He was declared dead at the scene. According to multiple reports, Charles Vallow and Alex Cox, his brother-in-law, got into a fight. Vallow struck Cox with a baseball bat. Cox then allegedly shot Vallow. Cox called 911.
- Months after Vallow’s death, Lori Vallow Daybell’s children — Joshua “JJ” Vallow and Tylee Ryan — went missing, which made national headlines.
- The disappearance of the children led police down a rabbit hole of odd events, including how Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell were reportedly together two weeks before Chad Daybell’s late wife, Tammy Daybell, passed away in her sleep. There are also questions surrounding Cox, who died before he could be questioned by police, as I wrote for the Deseret News.