- The ban had been at the San Francisco Bay Area, San Joaquin Valley and Southern California, according to the Associated Press.
- The state will also lift its 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. curfew.
- “Together, we changed our activities knowing our short-term sacrifices would lead to longer-term gains. COVID-19 is still here and still deadly, so our work is not over, but it’s important to recognize our collective actions saved lives and we are turning a critical corner,” Dr. Tomas Aragon, the state’s public health director, said in a statement, according to the Associated Press.
- “All individuals living in the state of California are currently ordered to stay home or at their place of residence, except for permitted work, local shopping or other permitted errands, or as otherwise authorized,” the order reads.
Per The New York Times, millions of people across Southern and Central California saw “outdoor dining shuttered, playgrounds roped off and hair salons closed within days if the available intensive care capacity in their areas dips below a 15% threshold.”
What does this mean for Disneyland?
Likely nothing. In October, California issued state guidelines that allow large theme parks to reopen in least-restrictive, fourth-level, yellow-tier counties in the state, as I wrote about for the Deseret News.
Disneyland is located in Anaheim, California, which is in Orange County.
Dr. Clayton Chau, the director of the Orange County Health Care Agency, said in a statement to the Deseret News that he sees Orange County reaching the yellow tier sometime in 2021. However, he wasn’t clear about when. He suggested next summer might be a possibility.
- “I think for a large county like us, especially a county with institution of higher education where folks (are) coming in from outside the county and outside the state, I think it’s going to be very hard to achieve the yellow tier,” he said.
- “It depends on when the vaccine will come as well as how many doses (are) available for our populations as well as how many of our residents will readily accept the vaccine — those are the three factors that will determine how soon we can get to the yellow tier.”
- “Personally, I think that we can look forward to a yellow tier by next summer, hopefully. Hopefully.”