Dubai is already home to the world’s tallest skyscraper and the world’s largest mall. Now, the city is also home to the world’s largest and deepest pool, reported CNN.
- The Deep Dive Dubai pool is filled with more than just water. The pool has an “abandoned” underwater city and countless caves for divers to explore, said Yahoo News.
How large is the world’s largest pool?
Dubai’s pool is 196 feet deep and filled with 3.7 million gallons of freshwater — the same volume as six Olympic-sized swimming pools, reported Yahoo News. Swimmers can explore the pool by scuba diving or freediving.
- The pool takes the world record from Poland’s Deepspot pool, which is 147 feet deep.
The new Deep Dive Dubai pool is kept at a comfortable temperature of 86 degrees Fahrenheit, said CNN. But neither the sheer size nor the nice water temperature is the most exciting part about this new attraction.
What is in the underwater city?
Deep Dive Dubai has an entire underwater city for divers to explore. After taking a tour with a guide, divers can wander around the pool’s countless caves, reported CNN.
- According to Yahoo News, the pool has an underwater apartment with a bedroom, bathroom and dining room. There’s a cityscape with benches, streetlights and cars.
- There’s even an underwater arcade with a foosball table, per CNN.
In addition to being a tourist attraction, the pool will also serve as an underwater filming studio — the largest one in the region, said CNN.
Dubai deepest pool adding this to my list.— S.Maina (@ShahSeeker) July 8, 2021
“There are quite a few dive pools in the world that are deep, but this one is so much more interesting,” Jarrod Jablonski, director of Deep Dive Dubai, told CNN.
- “There are so many things it’s really not fair to call it a pool. It’s not only deepest and largest, but the sunken city effect makes it next world order,” he said
Currently, the pool is open by invitation only, reported CNN.