The city ranked behind Denver but ahead of Minneapolis.
- Salt Lake City had an overall score of 37.38, which is slightly behind the 40-point score that Denver racked up. Meanwhile, Minneapolis had a score of 36.93.
- The report — which came from CertaPet — ranked each major U.S. city based on 50 points.
- According to CertaPet’s press team, the report incorrectly listed Minneapolis as the No. 2 city even though Salt Lake City had the higher score. After I asked about the rankings, CertaPet said it would update its report to reflect the true numbers.
The report ranked each city on a number of factors, including:
- Therapy session rate.
- Total prescription charges.
- Mandatory treatment laws.
- Criminalization by mental illness.
- Number of residents per mental health provider.
- Poor mental health days.
- Overall community well-being.
The report aimed to explain the best cities in the country for mental health to help people know where they can find the best care and the best treatment for any issues that may arise.
“Thankfully, over the years, mental illnesses have slowly become more supported and understood,” the report said. “However, we still have a long way to go. From criminalization of mental health to mounting costs for prescriptions and therapy, roadblocks remain between Americans in mental decline and the help they need — whether it be an emotional support animal, a life-altering medication, or just a friendly face.”