He’s also tested positive for COVID-19.
“I’m now self-isolating and following government guidelines,” Sheeran wrote Sunday in an Instagram post. “It means that I’m now unable to plough ahead with any in person commitments for now, so I’ll be doing as many of my planned interviews/performances I can from my house. Apologies to anyone I’ve let down. Be safe everyone.”
Will Ed Sheeran still appear on ‘The Voice’?
- In his social media post, Sheeran said he would carry on with interviews and performances virtually while quarantining.
Sheeran’s COVID-19 diagnosis comes a day after “Saturday Night Live” announced he would appear as a musical guest on Nov. 6, NPR reported. Sheeran volunteered to perform remotely, but “SNL” producers are reportedly “scrambling” to find a replacement, according to Vulture.
- But the singer-songwriter will appear on the upcoming Knockout round of “The Voice,” which begins Monday night. The Knockout episodes are the final pre-filmed episodes to take place before the live shows begin.
What is the Knockout round on ‘The Voice’?
- The Knockouts feature the remaining 32 singers on “The Voice.”
- The four coaches on “The Voice” — Blake Shelton, Kelly Clarkson, John Legend and Ariana Grande — each have eight singers on their team.
- In the Knockouts, the competition gets cut in half as two singers from the same team go head-to-head, each performing a song of their choice before the coach ultimately decides which one will move on.
- Ahead of Monday night’s episode, “The Voice” shared a Knockout teaser featuring two singers on Shelton’s team, 15-year-old Hailey Green — who made a bold choice to perform Shelton’s song “God’s Country” — and Libianca, who performed Billie Eilish’s “Everything I Wanted.”
- Although Grande and Legend ultimately thought the better performance came from Libianca, Clarkson — who called Green a “baby Janis Joplin,” thought the young singer had a more unique style that could go far in the competition.
- “The Voice” will reveal the results of that specific Knockout Monday night.
Note: “The Voice” airs Monday and Tuesdays at 7 p.m. MT on NBC.