What happens in the ‘Star Wars’ Halloween series?
- The story begins after “The Rise of Skywalker.” Poe and BB-8 land on Mustafar after their ship experiences an emergency, according to a Disney+ press release.
- Then, things get really weird as they find Darth Vader’s castle, which is now owned by Graballa the Hutt, who turned it into a luxury hotel.
- While waiting for repairs, Poe, BB-8, Graballa and a young boy named Dean travel to the hotel where they find Vader’s loyal servant, Vaneé (you can read more about Vaneé here on Deseret News).
- Vaneé then shares three scary stories about villains from across the “Star Wars” galaxy. Of course, there’s a more sinister plan at work from Vaneé. And it looks like our heroes will have to face an ancient evil force, who will be trying to rise from the dead.
Cast for ‘Terrifying Tales’
Disney+ shared the official cast list for the upcoming show. Here are the cast listings for the major characters involved.
- Jake Green as Poe Dameron.
- Raphael Alejandro as Dean.
- Dana Snyder as Graballa the Hutt.
- Tony Hale as Vaneé.
- Christian Slater as Ren.
- Trevor Devall as Emperor Palpatine.
- Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as NI-L8.
- Matt Sloan as Darth Vader.
Is this based on another ‘Star Wars’ story?
Actually, it appears that this series is similar to “Star Wars: Dark Legends,” which is a collection of fables from the “Star Wars” universe. The book is basically a roundup of scary myths around the “Star Wars” franchise, as I wrote for the Deseret News.
- The book is a “horror-tinged, in-world collection of six frightful Star Wars tales and ghost stories would have certainly kept little Luke and Leia up long past bedtime with stories of intergalactic creatures and sinister beasts,” according to SyFy Wire.
When does ‘Star Wars Terrifying Tales’ debut?
The show premieres Oct. 1 on Disney+ as a part of Disney+’s Hallowstream celebration.