What’s going on?
Kohli — one of the stars of the hit Netflix show “Haunting of Bly Manor” — recently tweeted that he’d be playing a live-action version of Ezra Bridger, the main character in the “Rebels” animated show. He referenced the character’s home planet, teacher and skills in his tweets.
- “I’ve gotten into that Lothal orphan, force sensitive, trained by Kanan Jarrus kind of shape. For no particular reason.”
- “Seriously, for no particular reason.”
I’ve gotten into that Lothal orphan, force sensitive, trained by Kanan Jarrus kind of shape. For no particular reason.— Rahul Kohli (@RahulKohli13) September 24, 2020
- “I was trolling. I heard rumors that there was a casting call looking for a live-action Ezra that was looking for Asian actors in their late twenties, early thirties. I had watched a bit of ‘Rebels’ that morning, so it was fresh in my mind. I was going to the gym and I thought I’d fire off a cheeky tweet.”
Who would he play?
Kohli said there was one “Star Wars” character he would love to play, though.
- “I would be in the background of the cantina if that’s what it took ... But if I had a preference, I used to love Kyle Katarn from the ‘Jedi Knights’ series.”
- “Thrawn was a part of Legends and they brought him back for ‘The Clone Wars’ so who knows,” he added. “Kyle Katarn or Dash Rendar, just so many cool people.”
Who is Kyle Katarn?
Kyle Katarn was a famous “Star Wars’ character who appears in the “Star Wars” novels and video games before Disney bought Lucasfilm. He has become somewhat of a cult figure among “Star Wars” fans.