- Vallow is currently sitting in jail up in Idaho, facing charges of nonsupport and desertion. She was extradited to Idaho after she was arrested in Hawaii in February. Her two children,Joshua “JJ” Vallow and Tylee Ryan, have been missing since September. Their whereabouts are unknown.
- On her new Fox Nation show “Crime Stories,” Grace and a group of panelists discussed Vallow’s background, particularly investigating why so many people call her a “cult mom.”
- Grace said: “She is called ‘cult mom’ because she has, within a few weeks, after her fourth husband was shot dead, she remarries to Chad Daybell.”
- Rich Robertson, private investigator, replied: “Chad Daybell seems to be some kind of a leader of a small group that included Lori Vallow and her niece Melody and a number of their friends. They seem to be a subgroup of the larger kind of fringe, prepper group.”
- Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com reporter, added: “Charles was so worried that he went before the judge and said, ‘I want custody of the kids because my wife’s talking like this — that she is a goddess — that this is her mission, that she is sent here to Earth to usher in the second coming of Jesus Christ and the world will end on July 22nd of this year.”
- Eaton said: So a lot of people wonder if she was preparing for this Second Coming by doing something with her children by ... maybe a dramatic action so that they would be prepared for the Second Coming.”
Grace talked about Lori Vallow before
Earlier this week, Gracesaid she was “shocked” by Lori Vallow’s behavior in court, specifically that the Idaho mother wore red lipstick and smiled during the court case, which I wrote about for the Deseret News.
- Grace said: “In the last hours, the so-called ‘cult mom’ ... just finally agreed to be extradited from Hawaii back to Rexburg, Idaho. She was just in court on that extradition and she didn’t just show up — she showed up in style with makeup, blue toenail polish and pink handcuffs. And she took the time to curl her hair in cascades down around her face.”