- According to AFP, multiple news reports from Nigeria suggested the queen tested positive for disease.
- The articles received thousands of shares and included doctored photos of the queen created to manipulate readers.
- But Buckingham Palace confirmed to AFP that Queen Elizabeth II “remains in good health” and will be “following all the appropriate advice with regards to her welfare.”
- Queen Elizabeth II is staying at the Windsor Castle with her husband, Prince Philip.
Queen Elizabeth II’s safety
- Queen Elizabeth II went into quarantine almost two weeks ago due to the spread of the coronavirus. Concerns for the queen were raised, though, after Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced he had tested positive for COVID-19, as I wrote for the Deseret News.
- Prince Charles was also diagnosed with COVID-19. Charles, Johnson and the queen all had been near each other over the last few weeks, according to reports.
- Buckingham Palace said in a statement: “The Queen remains in good health. The Queen last saw the (prime minister) on the 11th March and is following all the appropriate advice with regards to her welfare.”