What’s going on:
- DC Comics and HBO Max are collaborating on a new digital comics series “about ordinary people achieving their maximum potential when they transform into extraordinary superheroes with the help of another new character, Max the dog.”
- The main characters are Hector, Brian and Olivia (HBO), who meet Max the Dog to gain access to super strength.
- The new comics celebrate the launch of HBO Max.
- The comic series includes easter eggs and little nods to other content from HBO and DC Comics. In fact, there will be nods to content like “Friends,” “Game of Thrones,” “Scooby-Doo” and more content.
- The comics are available for download today.
What the comics are about
- “To The Max: Hector” — a story about a teacher who finds a device that sends him into space.
- “To The Max: Brian” — a story about a scuba instructor who becomes a superhero who saves people from a storm.
- “To The Max: Olivia” — a story about a standup comedian who looks to stop people from robbing a Las Vegas casino.
Where to get the comics
- You can download the comics at DCComics.com, Apple iBookstore, Google Play Store, Kindle, Nook, Hoopla, Overdrive, and in the DC Comics app, ComiXology app and Madefire app.