Disney Plus will have a host a new drive-in festival at the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, California, from Oct. 5-12.
The event will premiere Disney Plus originals, including “Clouds” and “The Right Stuff” from National Geographic, as well as classics.
- There will be screenings of “The Simpsons,” “Hocus Pocus,” “Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back,” “The Sound of Music,” and more.
- The festival will celebrate the 10th anniversary of “Tangled” and the 40th anniversary of “Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.”
- “Captain Marvel” will get a screening on Sunday, Oct. 11, which is International Day of the Girl.
- And “Hocus Pocus” — the cult-classic Halloween film — will be shown on Oct. 9.
- Monday, Oct. 5 — “The Right Stuff” — World premiere screening (invite only)
- Tuesday, Oct. 6 — “Tangled” 10th anniversary screening (open to the public)
- Wednesday, Oct. 7 — “Coco” to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month (open to the public)
- Thursday, Oct. 8 — “Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back” 40th anniversary screening (open to the public.)
- Friday, Oct. 9 — “Hocus Pocus” (open to the public)
- Saturday, Oct. 10 — “The Sound of Music Sing-A-Long” 55th anniversary screening (open to the public)
- Sunday, Oct. 11 — “Captain Marvel” to celebrate International Day of the Girl (open to the public)
- Monday, Oct. 12 — “Clouds” — World premiere screening (invite only)
What about the pandemic?
Disney Plus said the event will include some requirements for guests and staff, including:
- Guests must stay in their car during the programs
- You can’t sit outside your vehicle.
- No congregating is allowed.
- Social distancing is required at all times.
- Face coverings are required “when interacting with attendants, and when exiting vehicles to visit the restrooms.”
How to attend:
Interested parties can register for free at Disney Plus’ website on Monday, Sept. 28, at 10 a.m.