Why #RIPChrisPratt is trending, and why people are mad at the ‘Avengers’ star again
#RIPChrisPratt is trending on Twitter again. It’s unclear why, but it might be related to a controversy in 2020
The hashtag #RIPChrisPratt popped up on Twitter. Several of the tweets included people sharing reactions to Pratt, criticizing him and dissing him in multiple ways.
- There wasn’t any single event that sparked the hashtag.
- Several tweets compared Chris Pratt to other Chris’, like Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth.
- Still, there was no singular news event that created the hashtag. And no, Chris Pratt did not die.
Connection to the previous controversy?
Back in October, Pratt — known for his roles in “Guardians of the Galaxy” as well as “Parks and Recreation” — was slammed by social media platform after he didn’t join his fellow Avengers in a fundraiser for Joe Biden, according to the Deseret News.
- Social media thought his absence was evidence that he supported President Donald Trump.
- All of that discussion spiraled into a conversation about Pratt’s Christian faith and the church he attends.
- At the time, people also compared Pratt to the other Chris celebrities on social media, like Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth and Chris Pine.
In response, Marvel star actor Robert Downey Jr. ripped cancel culture in defense of Pratt, according to The Washington Times.
- “What a world,” Downey Jr. wrote on social media. “The ‘sinless’ are casting stones at my #brother, Chris Pratt. A real #Christian who lives by #principle, has never demonstrated anything but #positivity and #gratitude. AND he just married into a family that makes space for civil discourse and (just plain fact) INSISTS on service as the highest value.”
- “No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up and handle it. -Tupac,” she wrote. “You got this @prattprattpratt. Your family, friends, colleagues & everyone who’s ever crossed paths with you knows your heart and your worth!”