Josh Groban is performing on ‘American Idol’ — twice. Here’s how to watch
Groban has been musically active during the pandemic — releasing an album, performing several virtual concerts for fans and, earlier this year, performing at President Joe Biden’s Inaugural Prayer Service
Who is Josh Groban singing with for the ‘American Idol’ top 24?
- During the top 24 round of “American Idol,” the contestants perform duets with a wide range of celebrity guest artists.
- On Sunday night, 12 “Idol” competitors got their big moment with a famous musician. On Monday night, the remaining contestants will pair up with celebrities and take the stage.
- Groban is one of the guest artists on tonight’s episode. According to photos on Abc.com, the “You Raise Me Up” singer will be performing with two “Idol” contestants: Beane and 15-year-old Ava August, who is one of the youngest singers in the competition this season.
- “I’ll be doing some mentoring and singing duets with two super talented artists on American Idol!” Groban recently posted on Facebook.
- Groban has been musically active during the pandemic — releasing an album, performing several virtual concerts for fans and, earlier this year, performing at President Joe Biden’s Inaugural Prayer Service.
- “I love to make music because I love how it reaches people,” Groban told the Deseret Newslast year. “I love to be able to tell stories, and to be able to feel less alone through those stories. ... “We need to connect. And I think there’s a re-appreciation of what art does in our lives to help us do that — especially right now. Music can play a really wonderful part in staying sane through all this.”
Who else is competing on the ‘American Idol’ top 24 tonight?
According to photos on ABC.com, “Idol” fans can also expect the following matchups Monday night:
- Liahona Olayan andJason Warrior will each perform with PJ Morton.
- Hannah Everhart and Caleb Kennedy will each perform with Jason Aldean.
- Madison Watkins and Colin Jamieson will perform with Tori Kelly.
- Casey Bishop and Chayce Beckham will perform with Brandon Boyd.
- Mary Jo Young and Hunter Metts will each perform with Jewel.
The two-hour episode will air on ABC at 7 p.m. MDT.
How to vote for the ‘American Idol’ top 24
- Voting for Monday night’s episode begins on April 5 at the start of the East Coast broadcast (6 p.m. MDT) and ends at 4 a.m. MDT on April 6.
- There are three ways to vote on “American Idol”: online at idolvote.abc.com; via “American Idol” apps, which can be downloaded through the App Store or Google Play Store; and texting a contestant’s designated number — revealed during the episode — to “21523,” the Deseret News reported.
- Based on the voting results, four singers from Sunday night’s episode and four singers from Monday night’s episode will be eliminated, the Deseret News reported.
- Those who survive will move on to the “American Idol” live shows.
- The top 16 will be revealed on April 11.