- NBC producers and NBC correspondent Keith Morrison have teamed with EastIdahoNews.com to bring the new developments, which will focus on Vallow and her missing children.
- Morrison told EastIdahoNews.com: “It’s a shocking story and a remarkable story. I’ve seen public interest in cases before but this really is far more than anything I’ve seen in a very long time — since maybe Michael Jackson or OJ Simpson.”
- Morrison reportedly interviewed several people with connections to the case, including Melani Pawlowski and her husband, Ian.
- Melani Pawlowski’s ex-husband, Brandon Bourdreau, was shot in Arizona back in October 2019. Investigators believe Alex Cox, the now-deceased brother of Lori Vallow, may have been the shooter, which I wrote about for the Deseret News. Bourdreau and Pawlowski got divorced, and she married her current husband soon after.
- Morrison said: “Melani essentially appeared to want to present that all is fine. She acted like, ‘I don’t know of any problems whatsoever. We were all just doing our own thing and anything that seemed suspicious was merely a coincidence.’ She’s a sweet, very attractive young woman who looks at you with big eyes and says it’s absolutely the truth. The viewers can look at it and see what they think.”
How to watch
- The two-hour special airs on May 1 on NBC beginning at 8 p.m. MDT or 9 p.m. EDT.