- Limbaugh’s wife, Kathryn, announced his death on her late husband’s radio show.
- Limbaugh has been one of the most influential radio hosts in recent American history. He is considered an icon for conservatives and a friend of former President Donald Trump.
- “I wasn’t expected to be alive today,” he said. “I wasn’t expected to make it to October, and then to November, and then to December. And yet, here I am, and today, got some problems, but I’m feeling pretty good today.”
- “And I wish I didn’t have to tell you this, and I thought about not telling anybody. I thought about trying to do this without anybody knowing because I don’t like making things about me, but there are going to be days that I’m not going to be able to be here, because I’m undergoing treatment or I’m reacting to treatment, and I know that would inspire all sorts of curiosity with people wondering what’s going on.”
- “The scans did show some progression of cancer,” he said, according to CNN.
- “It’s not dramatic, but it is the wrong direction.”
Limbaugh said his doctors changed his medications in “hopes of keeping additional progression at bay for as long as possible.”
- “It’s tough to realize that the days where I do not think I’m under a death sentence are over,” Limbaugh said. “Now, we all are, is the point. We all know that we’re going to die at some point, but when you have a terminal disease diagnosis that has a time frame to it, then that puts a different psychological and even physical awareness to it.”
Funeral arrangements have not been announced.