Lori Vallow case takes another turn as FBI investigates death of her third husband (who died in 2018)
The Lori Vallow saga takes another turn as the FBI investigates an ex-husband
What’s going on:
- Phoenix police told AZFamily.com that the FBI has reached out to the police department over the death of Joseph Ryan, an ex-husband of Vallow who died in 2018 from a reported heart attack.
- Ryan’s body was cremated.
- Phoenix police told AZFamily.com that it handed over information to the FBI. The FBI did not ask for any additional information, though.
- Lori and Ryan reportedly divorced in 2004, according to the Idaho State Journal.
- Court documents showed a custody battle began over daughter Tylee Ryan, who is now missing after last being seen at Yellowstone National Park, as I wrote for the Deseret News.
What happened with Joseph Ryan and Vallow?
According to the AZFamily.com report:
- “Joseph claimed Lori would not let him see his daughter, despite their custody agreement.”
- “After one visit with Tylee, Lori’s brother Alex Cox attacked Joseph with a stun gun and threatened to kill him. Cox was convicted of that crime.”
- Lori reportedly told a family member that “she received his life insurance policy and planned to share it with Tylee.”
- Lori Vallow is currently sitting in jail in Idaho. She faces charges of desertion and nonsupport. She has not told authorities the whereabouts of her children, who disappeared in September 2019.