Starting Monday, teachers, school staff and administrators can receive a free “Thank You Meal” until Oct. 15 at restaurants across the country during the company’s breakfast hours, per USA Today.
- “Together with our owner/operators, we’re proud to serve the people who make our communities a better place, and this is an important time to say thank you to some of our everyday heroes,” said Joe Erlinger, president of McDonald’s USA, in a statement. “We were honored to give away 12 million free Thank You Meals to first responders and health care workers last year and now, with educators going above and beyond, we’re excited to recognize them in a way only McDonald’s can.”
How to get the free “Thank You Meal”
- You have to show your valid work ID.
- You must visit McDonald’s during breakfast hours to receive the meal.
What is in the Thank You Meal from McDonald’s?
- You get a free breakfast sandwich. Teachers must choose between an egg McMuffin, bacon, egg and cheese biscuit, or a sausage biscuit, according to CNN.
- Hash browns.
- Medium soft drink or a coffee.
What else is McDonald’s doing for teachers?
McDonald’s said in a release that it hopes people will share their favorite teacher through the hashtag #ThankYouMeal on Twitter, TikTok or Instagram.