- The official “Star Wars” Instagram account shared five photos of the original designs for Kylo Ren’s mask for “The Rise of Skywalker.”
- In the early days of production, Neal Scanlan’s creature designers, including Jake Lunt Davies, Luke Fisher and Ivan Manzella crafted new concepts for the mask.
- At the time, all they knew was that director J.J. Abrams wanted to bring back the mask.
- “They designed an entirely new batch of helmets, only later learning that Abrams intended Kylo to fix the one he smashed in #TheLastJedi.”
- You can scroll through the images below from the Instagram post.