“The Voice” is returning once again in search of the next superstar.
When does ‘The Voice’ Season 21 premiere?
- Season 21 of “The Voice” premiered Monday at 7 p.m. MT on NBC.
- The next episode of the blind auditions airs Tuesday at 7 p.m. MT.
- Episodes of “The Voice” are available to watch the following day on NBC.com.
Highlights from ‘The Voice’ season premiere
Below are some performances from Monday night’s episode:
Tuesday night on ‘The Voice’
Tuesday night’s episode of “The Voice” will feature a four-chair turn for singer Gymani, who performs Ariana Grande’s “pov.”
“That’s your song now, take it!” Grande says after the performance, which was shared on YouTube. “That was phenomenal. There were so many alterations to the melody, and I trusted every single one of them. ... You’re a messenger of emotions and an incredibly effective communicator with your gift, and I am honored that you sang my song.”
Ariana Grande is a coach for Season 21 of ‘The Voice’
Last month, “The Voice” also announced the four celebrity advisers who will assist singers during the show’s Battle round:
- Team Ariana: Kristin Chenoweth
- Team Legend: Camila Cabello
- Team Kelly: Jason Aldean
- Team Blake: Dierks Bentley
Chenoweth appearing with Grande on “The Voice” generated significant buzz on social media, the Deseret News reported.
The pair first met several years ago on the set of the Broadway musical “Wicked,” where Grande, then a budding artist, went backstage to meet Chenoweth, InStyle reported. During a 2019 appearance on “Late Night with Seth Meyers,” Chenoweth recalled how impressed she was after hearing Grande sing a little during that brief meeting backstage.
- “I gave her a wand and I said, ‘Just remember to follow your passion. Do what you love,’” Chenoweth said.
Now, Chenoweth reunites with Grande on “The Voice.”
- “She’s the biggest star and I would argue one of the best vocalists alive, if not the best,” Chenoweth recently told E! News. “For me to be able to watch her become the teacher, that is the real full circle.”
Who is competing on ‘The Voice’ Season 21?
At least three former “American Idol” contestants auditioned for “The Voice” this season, according to the trending news website Heavy.
- Prior to “The Voice,” Jeremy Rosado auditioned for “American Idol” four times, making it to the top 13 during the show’s eleventh season.
- Raquel Trinidad, a top 20 contestant during the 20th season of “American Idol,” also auditioned for “The Voice,” according to Heavy.
- Alex Lambert, a top 16 finisher during the ninth season of “American Idol,” also tried out for Season 21 of “The Voice.”
“The Voice” also recently released a clip of a singer named Vaughn Mugol performing Ed Sheeran’s “The A Team” for his blind audition. In the video — which already has more than 1 million views on YouTube — Mugol reveals that he’s a registered nurse who typically only performs for his patients.
Who won the last season of ‘The Voice’?
During that season, Shelton — who has been with “The Voice” since the show first premiered in 2011 — said he believed Anthony “could be the first superstar that we launch off this show,” according to the Deseret News.